nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Woohoo - Papa is home

So happy,

My dad has been allowed home for a few days. I have never been more pleased and upset to see anyone in my whole life.

He looks different, but he's still my dad, even after a month of pure hell away from home in hospital he is just the same laughing and joking.

He was telling me this evening about his consipirathy theory surrounding the chemo, he says the nurses all suit up in various protective items, then handle the bag as though it is about to explode, so he now thinks based on his observations that all the nuclear waste that can't be got rid of, dumped in the sea burried etc is getting filtered though Cancer patients.

The hour I had with him just flew by, almost as if he'd never been away, there was so much I wanted to say, things I had been saving up to tell him and they just didn't seem important anymore.

I feel better now that I have seen him, but I am still scared as is the rest of the family as to what the future holds, it is going to be many months before we find out what is happening and how the cancer is responding, all we can do is hope and remain positive.

Best get onto knitting news as I havn't posted for a while, lack of camera cable has prevented me. So here goes!

Lots of knitting has been done this week, my soakers, shorts and longies have recently gone live on www.babykind.co.uk which is really exciting. So I am currently plodding my way through all the sizes, since they went live I have done 2x newborn - 1x small - 1xlarge - 1x ToddlerXL - 1x ToddlerXXL Not bad considering I have also had a friend staying with me and working for most of the day. Definaly a lot more confident that I can meet any demands I might get in the coming weeks.

As well as the above I have also finished half of my april socks



I have also finally finished sewing the ends and seaming these two things. Chrissy asked me if I would make some items for her to display during woolfest.



These two show LTK Devon bonnets



Shorties made to my own pattern



And this little beauty is Brightdyes april sock yarn which is gorgeous, as where the stitch markers that came with it, my camera doesn't do them justise so I haven't posted a photo.



And one final snap, taken a few nights ago before bed, my two rarely have much to do with each other apart from fighting and winding each other up so it was really nice to come home from work and find them cuddled up like this.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 20 April, 2007 , Blogger gilraen said...

Socks looking good. :)

How's your dad doing now? :)

Your ickle monsters look like ickle angels to me ;) :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home