nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Back on track



Well what a week it has been so far.
It's half term and the kids are both full of cold, great fun. I still have my head ache and my neckache, though nowhere near as bad as it has been and seems to come and go. On the upside I got loads of knitting done

Some of it is secret though, but I can tell you I have made 3 of my summerwear samples and it's been fun, after over a year of playing with different yarns I have finally found one that works for the patterns that I have. Only a few more samples to go and I will disply them here for all to see.

One thing you can see is the new addions to my ebay shop, have spent several hours searching out and listing a lot of stuff in at reduced to clear prices if you fancy a look - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Natural-Knits-For-Nippers
The other things you can see are these

Boyes circular needles arrived yesterday from the US, I love the colour, just not sure I like the look of them theres no give in the cord like Addis which are so flexible, when they come out of the packs they are the same as when in the iykwim. THe cords also arn't all that supple so fairly rigid.


I brought 2 2.75mm for knitting socks, a 3.25 and a 3.5 for 4ply yarn and a 4mm for DK, thought I had a 5mm in there as well but must have forgot to order it. Will have to have a go at testing them out asap, they do remind me of the cheap pony circs that I had though. Will report back once I have finshed the many things I have to do, I think my first task with them will be using the 3.5 to knit my daughters dress, I have a rather nasty looking pony circ on it at the moment and the paint is all chipped and not nice to work with.
Other things knitted this week include 2 strippy pairs of longies, just have the ends to sew in. been putting it off allday, the prospect of 30 ends at least per item isn't that nice. I also have a 3rd pair on the needles at the moment that have one leg to go so may finish that tonight and leave the end sewing till tomorrow.
One final thing before I sign off, I started my mums birthday socks. It's not until the 17th of march so I had intended to only do a small amount so they could be my march sock a month entry but look what I did.



I only have a cm to go before starting on the toe decrease. I have to say I really enjoyied this pattern, so much so I just couldn't put it down, plus the wool I am working with is so divine Pink ribbon yarn from http://www.theyarnyard.co.uk/ . The pattern was created by fellow member Audrey and the pattern is available on her blog http://www.stitchintime71.blogspot.com/

I only did 4 repeats on the pattern instead of the 6 so not quite long socks not quite ankle socks either. For some strange reason I ended up with 2 stitches too many to pick up and a rather nasty looking hole which is visable in the picture. The other side is perfect. I had this same thing happen when using the regia pattern, but not with the jaywalkers I did first, not sure what I have done wrong to have such a gappy mess.

One last picture, hope its clear enough to see a close up of the Grapy pattern



Will post pictures of this weeks finsihed works when I actually finish them!







Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 21 February, 2007 , Blogger gilraen said...

The socks look fabulous Cathie :)

Have you tried Imageshack for photo hosting as an alternative to photobucket?

I only use it not flicker or pnotobucket. :)

 
At 21 February, 2007 , Blogger Cathie said...

Thanks :0)

I normally use inage shack for hosting as its so simple but have been trying to use it today, managed 2 pictures then everything Ihave tried since has come up page can not be displayied. Will try again tomorrow.

Not tried the fliker at all though, might have to look into that one

Cathie

 
At 22 February, 2007 , Blogger Hawkesley said...

Your socks look very pretty, Cathie. I've got some of that yarn in my stash so it's nice to see how it looks knitted up.

 
At 28 February, 2007 , Blogger inukshuk71 said...

How excitting! No one has knit my patterns before :) I think the hole problem you had might be due to a side stitch that was very loose. When you picked up that stitch for the side of the heel, you created a hole because it wasn't tight enough, just a thought. Also, it happens to me sometimes that a pattern says I should pick up a certain number of stitches on the side of the heel and I end up being able to pick up more. I just do that and make sure I decrease the gusset until I reach the same amount of stitches the pattern calls for. The important thing is to make a nice and hole-free heel. I can't wait to see these socks finished!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home