nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Sunday, April 01, 2007

An update

Sorry I havn't visited blog land very much, life has certainly got in the way of everything I used to do.



It has been so hard adjusting to my new life as a full time employee and to go from 15 hours per week to 42 has been a huge shock to my system on top of everything else.



Nothing was harder than the first two weeks, trying to come to terms with my dads diagnosis and trying to learn something that was totally new, it was both draining and exhasting. I had done 2 days a week in the shop, but mainly all the work would have been done, I wouldn't have to order, or sort deliveries out, just serve the customers and do a little knitting in the quiet spells.



I don't think the actual job side of things was that hard, what was hard was dealing with other peoples questions, when I hadn't dealt with things properly myself. I couldn't talk about it without crying.



It has got easier now, but when I tell people it's almost like I am telling a story that isn't true. I have had to get on with things and this has been the easiest way to file it away and pretend almost that it isn't happening. My mum was right though about not letting it in, and what it would do to us but it is so hard.



We have had an update on my dad, he is getting moved from critical care as soon as there is a bed available, he has been off the chemo for a while a week I think, I do appologise for my inability to determine time scale. This last few weeks seem to have spanned months that have all merged into one another.



So he will be getting moved, he is still in good spirits and is laughing and joking with everyone, he has people in stitches. Mum went up on friday and as he has been cathaterized, the nurse came to change the bag and he looks at my mum totally straight faced and said ' now thats what you call taking the p1ss'. Just typical of my dad to be the joker, I miss him so much. And I know that he will be missing me.



And feeling bad as I got delt the short hand again with doing the shop, but it is something that I really want to do for him.



I have also started knitting again the last week or so, not much just easing myself back in. You'd think I had stoped for months rather than a week or 2. So my efforts are a dress for DD


This has been made with 100% pure varieted cotton, which ai brought from lidls, I love the way the pattern of colours chances as the skirt increases. It was increased using larger needles rather than adding stitches. Hopefully she won't grow out of it before it is warm enough for her to wear it.

The second thing I have have finished are my march socks, these where a long time coming

THey are made with Colinette jitterbug in shade fruit colis. And I don't like them, On the heal I knitted the first 3 stitches and it irritates a bit, I also did the foot a bit shorter than I should have done. So I will be sending these to my sister as a cheer me up type gift.

I have knitted many other things but I can't show them here yet!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home