nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Friday, February 16, 2007

Not a good knitting week

I had such big plans of the things I wanted to make, but due to the headache from Hell I've been unable to do much. In fact I have lost my main knitting time in favour of going to bed before 10.

Now I am a night owl, and never in bed much before 2am so this is very unlike me. My neck is also sore so makes me wonder if perhaps I have pulled something thats maybe causing my headache, something viral, a migrane pending, who knows just hope it goes soon.

Have been feeling a little better the last day or so but not enough to deditcate my usual 6-8 per day to my needles. I have finished my february socks




And here they are modeled by my Son, I hope they fit my friend, she is a size 5 and think I got confused beween 2 patterns regarding the length, the first pattern I used said to make the foot 2 inches less than the actal measurement the work the toe, did the same with this on, but it's ended up a lot shorter. I think they would definatly benifit another inch in length.


I also started making DD some socks out of the remnats from my january jaywalkers, not got very far as finding the tiny circumference on 2 circs very fiddly. Got another half inch to go before starting on the heel. Will probably leave these for a bit as I have many other things on the needles that need my attention. I have almost finished the skirt on the flirty skirty I started last week, though as I have been unable to find out what the black thread is made from I think it is destined to be just a skirt.


I also came across a opal tiger sock Istarted last year with just the grafting to do on the toe, this sock is huge



I had earmarked them for myself but the foot is far to baggy, so these will be my dads birthday socks. I should really be working on my mums birthday socks as hers is much sooner. But I have DD's sock on the needles and I am also waiting for a delivery of boyes circular needles from the the states. Have ordered them in a size larger as I find my guage is a little off with the 2.5's I have been using. Have also ordered 3.5's, 4, 4.5 and 5mm. Gone a bit needle mad the last week or so, as I also have a denise interchangable set on order, the website says instock from the 17th so hopefully not much longer to wait.

Think I will probably leave these socks for now as I am working on 1 40cm and 1 30 cm which is a bit fiddly, my other 3.5 is stuck in DD's dress but waiting for my denises to do the body of the skirt.

One final WIP picture, I started this yesterday, and have done a fair bit considering the lack of time i have put in this week.



It is a large pair of longies made from a tweedy style shade of peacefleece and a solid colour also peacefleece. I have another half an inch to go on the rise then it's onto the legs.
The stripes towards the right of the picture are larger than the main cover, this is the rear of the pants where I have used short rows to add extra room to the rear making them suitable for bulky nappies.
DD has half claimed these but I she needs an XL for Bed time really, shame really as a large fits her so well for daytime but she is no longer in nappies during the day at home anyway. Really the only time she has a nappy is for bed, and an all in one for creche and when we go out an about, if it isn't far then a wool cover over a shaped nappy or if we are going far, or she will be sitting a pitterpatter nappy wrap, sounds strange but I miss using my cloth nappies full time, even more when she is no longer in them.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 16 February, 2007 , Blogger gilraen said...

They are lovely socks Cathie. You are very industrious :)

 
At 18 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks! Very nicely done!

 
At 22 February, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are lovely socks, and I'm sure they will fit me!!
Rach
x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home