nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Sunday, February 25, 2007

First lace first scrapbook page

I had my first go at lace knitting yesterday evening using the forest canopy shawl pattern. Here is the result

I think that it look s a little baggy and over loose, so I am going to try a 4mm and see if I like that better. This is knitted on 5mm, and needs to be frogged anyway as I have made to mistakes which are pretty prominate in the picture.

Really enjoyied it and it was so easy, wish I had tried lace knitting before, I was viewing a Knit along thread about them and decided I just had to have a go. As I have no work on at the moment seemed a good oppertunity to try something new. JUst hope I can finishh before things get busy in a few weeks.

The second of my somethings new is this


My first scarp book page, quite please with it for a first attempt, was hindered by a broken glue thing, went to use it and the end of the tape came out. FOund it much easier to use after wards to just cut the lengths I wanted of to use, even if it was a bit fiddly and very very sticky.
The first picture is of Molly she is around 6 years old and is currently a lot more barrel shaped than this picture shows. She is totally mad and very affectionate. A beautiful dog and very playful and egar to please.
The second picture is our beloved alsation Wolf, sadely we lost him several weeks ago, he was Ten years old and his poor heart gave out. It was such a heart wrenching day, and it seemed so cruel. He was also a beautful dog, in his ten years he never learnt how to swallow his last mouth full of water so who ever was closest got wet. We called him the welsh whinge cause that was all he used to do at times, he had a lot to say for himself.
Directly below him is Amber, we got her in 1994 I think and she had problems with her eyes, well one really where she had a displaced nerve I think making her partially blind. It was a sad day when her body gave up on her. She was a beautifull dog, nicknamed waggy bums as when her tail went her whole back end went as well. She was loving but totally stuborn if she didn't want to go she would slam anchors. I loved her from the start.
And finally, Ben. Where to I start - Ben has a long story, and a lot of childhood centiment attatched which is a little little sad. He was my best friend when I was little, I didn't have many friends and I was painfully shy. He and I went everywhere together, well more I went and he came to fetch me. I went to school and he turned up looking for me, my parents had brought him before they had me and worried how he might react, but he took me in his stride, and lost all his whiskars to a year or so old me plucking them. My mum said all she could see was his leg twitching, and it wasn't till later when they looked at him they relalised what I'd done. They never grew back either.
My dad had to have him put to sleep when I was 14, as he came home and he'd had some sort of fit. He had been having troubles with his heart, and the only thing left to do for him was putting to sleep. My world just fell apart, I felt like I'd had my friend torn from me, I was so distraught. I even told my dad I hated him and ran away, well untill it got cold anyway. Until that point it was the worst thing that had ever happened to me, and I missed him dreadfully, and even 13 years later I still miss him. I know now that he was a dog, and didn't have human status like I thought when I was younger. But I still ache for him, my best buddy.
My sister thinks me strange but when my son was born I could only think of one name for him and that was Ben, in honor of him and how good a friend to me he was, even if he was a pain turning up at the school gates looking for me.
And when I said I hated my dad, I didn't not really and it pains me to this day that I said such a thing when he obviously hurting as much as I was, maybe it was the wrong thing because I didn't get to say goodbye, which seems to have been a set pattern as people and animals have left us. Saying goodbye has been something that has been important to me, and before wolf went I got to say goodbye and tell him how much I loved him, it was sad but I was glad. But seeing him like that eyes ready to go and body failed I realised why my dad had done what he had to spare me the extra hurt, and as I have got older I have learnt that it's not the saying good bye thats important, its what you do, dropping round spur of the moment, making the effort and giving all you can to the person, thats what important. My gran once told me special people never go, cause special people leave an imprint of them on your heart to be with you always.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 25 February, 2007 , Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Aww now I've gone all teary!!!! - The lace will look very different when it's blocked, but only you know how you like it! The scrapbook page looks fab. I think you're going to enjoy doing it!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home