nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Srapbook finished

What a week it's been, I've never cried so much in my life. As many people that know me from crafty threads and yarns know that my dad was recently taken ill. Then diagnosed with Lung cancer.

We are totally devistated that thie could happen to my dad, he had testicular cancer when I was little and recieved treatment for that, they did initially think that some cells had been left behind but since he has been in manchester they have found he has a rare form of lung cancer, independant of any connection to previous cancer. The silver lining is that while it is aggressive it responds well to treatment.

The hardest thing is not knowing for sure, they are making no promises and setting no targets, only that in a few weeks he may return home. I have said I will keep his shop going, I need the distraction as much as anything, but really want to do it for my dad, when I think of everything mum and dad have done for me this is the very least I can do. Hard it may be at times, but if there is one thing they have taught me is nothing is that bad you can't find laughter. Dad had the nack for turn tears to laughter no matter how bad things where.

I just wish that I could do more, I feel helpless stuck down here, unable to visit cause of the pox, awful that I am wishing my daughter to come out in them just to find out, it will be around the 2nd of april when the 21 days is up. This week feels as though it has been weeks long, april seems a long way away again.

Mum, kirst and me have also signed up for the race for life, before we knew all this about dad, its personal this year and I am to raise as much as I can. I won't have time for training working full time but if you want to check on how my fund is going do check here.

Now I am not asking for sponsership, I know many people will have already sponsered other people by now, and it all goes into the same pot regardless of who's form gets signed.
As the title suggests I have also just finished my dads scrapbook, what a bittersweet task this has been, I have cried buckets, but I was determined to finish it. It's my dads birthday on the 23rd and he will be 50. What a birthday he will be having dosed up on chemo and stuck in a hospital.













3 Comments:

At 22 March, 2007 , Blogger miss mandy of flitwick said...

the album is just beautiful, he will be so thrilled to recieve it, and he will be so proud of what you are doing for them.

 
At 23 March, 2007 , Blogger Piglottie said...

Cathie - the album is wonderful. You have done so well, especially under such difficult circumstances. I think it is a very special gift and one your dad will treasure.

 
At 25 March, 2007 , Blogger gilraen said...

Cathie I am moved to tears looking at the loveing care you have taken to make this. It is so so beautiful :)

Your Dad is very lucky to have such a loving and lovely daughter. But it is so obvious that he has inspired you by being a wonderful dad himself. You are all in my thoughts and prayers :)

Keep well. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home