nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Saturday, February 24, 2007

I feel truly blessed

Well this week hasn't been the best, in fact it has been down right awful. I have learnt something, that no matter how hard things are I am blessed, both with a loving family and wonderful friends who are there for me and offer kind words of wisdom when I need it the most.
Most of these people I have never met, yet their kind words have ment the world to me, so today I am counting my blessing, friends and families, and I will find something to smile about no matter how grim things are or difficult.


So something cheerfull for today

This is my beautiful little daughter, she is such a joy to have around, she is always laughing and giggling, she is a real breathe of fresh air to have around. How can I get down in the dumps with her around.

She like her mum is a huggy monster, and loves nothing more than a good hug.

Here she is modeling her new charity shop clothes, It isn't often I find good kids clothes around here, This outfit cost me a tiny £1.50 and there is another pair of trousers and a bob the builder teddy too.




And this cheeky looking chap, as proud as punch wearing a t'shirt he designed himself in kids club, he is getting rteally cleaver, I can't believe that he is almost 5 years old, well in 5 months anyway.

He is the total opposite of DD, he doesn't stop talking, and is on the go from get up to bed time, he has so much energy and lacks the ability to sit down for more than a few minutes, I'm sure he has ants in his pants half the time.





And another one of DD, we had fluffy post this morning. A few days ago I was looking through the cloth nappy addicts forum anf came across a fellow WAHM who had listed on ebay, well I just had to have a look, and fell in love with this nappy, it almost seemed fate that it should be in her size.

That's my nappy diet well and truely broken, though, this is the first nappies I have brought in 6months, I also brought a size 2 nappy that can be used from birth for my friend who's pregnant. But you have to admit it was worth it for the smile on her face, she absolutly loves it. Such a shame it needs a cover, nappies this beautiful shouldn't be covered up. It's also a shame that she is potty training, at the moment she still needs a nappy for out of the house. I think she is weaning me off my addiction slowly bless her. Her big brother did it all at once when he was just over 3, well apart from bed time in anycase.




And here is a close up of the nappy, still in her pj's here, my pictures are in the wrong order.

Do click the picture for a larger view, did I say that this is made from bamboo fabric! it is gorgeous, so soft and dreamy, the outer is made from cotton. I think in the summer it will be getting used boosted and without a cover to show it off.




In knitting news.

I have done very little this week, I still have 3 pairs of longies that need the ends sewing in, the down fall of strippy pants I suppose. I still havn't tried my boyes needles and my denises are held up in customs, don't these people know how hard it is to wait for these things, fancy holding up a nessesity like that. Looks like I will have another week to wait again!

I have also almost finished my mums birthday socks, I nearly got myself a clip round the ear when I suggested to her she could have the left sock for her birthday and the right for mothers day. I think I best make her another pair.

Have also recieved my scrapbook kit, and the glue stuff which I ordered. This is to make my dads 50th birthday present. I have sgrounged pictures of my gran and my mum, so have a good amount, though it appears that my family arn't the best picture takers. I have a small pile of my dad from a few months to around 8, a few from when my parents met and their wedding photos. Then mine and my sisters baby pics, and a few of us growing up, I'm sure I could get a decent book out of them, there will just be loads of gaps, but at least he will have them as a record, and plenty of pages that he could fill himself.


Once I get started I will post up pictures, as long as you all promise not to laugh at my baby and child snaps, I am sporting some hideous hair cuts!!


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 24 February, 2007 , Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Cathie, this post is a joy to read. Your children are gorgeous, and I'm glad you have found some smiles today. At least if you get fed up you can look on here and remind yourself what it's all for. They are a credit to you!

 
At 24 February, 2007 , Blogger gilraen said...

Those children are definitely a credit to you. Cathie they are so happy looking, little delights :)

What a great mum you are. I smiled and smiled at those cows! beats the plain white anyday! :)

Chin up :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home