nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What a week

Definatly one to be chalked up there amoungst the worst of my life so far. Thursday seen my down fall, goodbye happy face and hello tears. And boy was it hard to keep going, by saterday I thought there is no way on earth I can keep anything up.

But here I am a few days later feeling almost on top of the world and glad that last weeks is far behind me.

My dad is still in hospital due to some infection, they think it was in his pic line, it goes from his chest and through is arm to enable to hospital to administer medication and to take blood without having to stab him all the time. He's had a new one and has now started on his second round of chemo. All being well he should be home within the week for up to 7 days. I can't wait to see him, seems like ages ago.

It's very hard to count my blessings but one I count daily is the help and support that my dad is getting, I will be indepted to the hospital forever, to them he is just another face on the ward, but to me he is my dad, and I would move heaven and earth to make him well.

I still have mixed feelings about the shop, it's a challenge I will give you that but its rather like marmite at the moment, either I love it or I hate it, theres no happy medium. One thing I do like is my un interupted knitting time. I get a good 4 hours a day mostly. Since my last post I have done this -

Firstly a flirty skirty, knitted with Chrissy's yarn and I love it, have progressed a little since the picture.



And secondly a pair of shorts, these where frogged goodness knows how many times as I playied about with my stitch count in order to get the yarn to stripe instead of pool, I think I have achieved it.


Next thing to be playied about with is short rows, I hate the way they mess up my colour flow so I have and idea, what I need is the time. I also have another flirty skirty on the go. I have recived a beautiful pink Brightdyes yarn to make flirty skirties for babykind, so have abandoned all other projects to get the item made to list a photo up on the website.

I have also recieved some rather lovely goodies.

Firstly a beautiful skien of fybrespates sock wool, I fell in love with this colour way the moment I seen it. DUe to a mix up with the order not going through I waited for 10 days for this, and I have to say it was well worth it. The picture doens't quite do it justice though.



I had the next 2 yarns from a fellow crafty threads and yarns member, the lighter of the two is Lana Grossa cotton maya and the darker is regia cotton surf colour. Both beautiful and I look forward to knitting them up, if I get the time.




And this picture shows my fyberspates yarn beautifully teamed up with a beautiful Knitz and glitz shawl pin. I had intended the yarn for socks, but when I saw how beautifully they matched up there is no way the yarn could be anything other than a shawl. The pin was my birthday pressie from Chrissy and she couldnt ahve choosen better.



I do have move pictures to show except my camera is out of juice, will load them up tomorrow. I have my flirty skirty for babykind, I hope to have that finished for tomorrow, I'm knitting the under soaker with 4mm boyes needles, I have posted about these before and how I disliked them. I have to say they have had a repreive. I'm finding the rigidness of the cords hard to get used to, but the way the yarn glides across the needles is lovely more than makes up for the cords not being to my liking.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home