nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Monday, February 12, 2007

Some works in progress


Well my previous post didn't go to plan, I was going to load my favourite video clip into an entry but it just kept coming up with a box with a red sqaure. I would still like to share this video but will have to try via this link instead, Ihope it works, it is one of my favourites and always cheers me up.

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/Cathie_album/?action=view&current=Picture042.flvurrent=Picture042.flv


Now to my works in progress, I have knitted nothing but soakers and longes for the past week so have decided to have a change



This is the start of a flirty skirty, it is knitted in the round so seamless. I have used a beautifully soft boucle style yarn, that says it's 100% merino, but it has a thread running through it which I assume to be a cotton or polyester type thread. This won't effect it's use at all as a nappy cover as the wool content is still going to be high. I'm trying to find out what this thread is.I will update when I find out for sure. To get this far into the project has taken almost 2 hours, but the result is worth it specially with blocking. The remaining work on it will take around 6 hours. This is a size medium and will be listed up on ebay once it is finished.








This is a close up of the lacy detail, sorry its a little on the dark side.






This is the start of a pattern for a dress that I am designing and my first proper go at knitting lacy patterns, it has been frogged at least 6 times before the pattern finally clicked in my mind. It has taken hours to get this far as I find it hard to sit and concentrate for a long time on it so its a half an hour here and an hour there type job.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home