nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Reinstating my blog....

... and sweeping away the tumble weed. It has been some time since I last thought about writting in this. So will start with a quick update.

Due to my website being a pile of *$@£ I have now moved all my instock items into an ebay shop - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Natural-Knits-For-Nippers
My website is open but looking very sorry for itself, and as I am totally rubbish at remembering passwords I have been unable to update it. One day I may remember it, or I may get an e-mail reminder of the password, which for some reason don't get through.

Not much has been happening, shop wise I have babylegs and freshwear goods on sell through as, well they don't seem to be selling so when they are gone there will be no more, unless I recived loads of e-mails asking me otherwise.


Have also been busy knitting up all the wool I have hand dyed myself


All of them are made with bluefaced leicester aran and are beautifully soft. THey are also all made from my own pattern which I finished of within the last month.




It was, well it wasn't fun to do though it started of that way towards the end it was quite stressfull trying to get everything to work. But I am so pleased with the results it makes it worth it.

My designing plans now include dresses, and a double knit weight soaker and longies, I have also brought some 4ply hand dyed merino that I think will make lovely shorts for the summer.

I have also recieved a beautiful range of 100% pure cotton of which I plan to make summer wear out of. I hope to be releasing what these items are within the next month. The yarn comes all the way from america so I won't actually be keeping loads in but ordering it as needed due to the high cost of customs on large orders.

In other news, I have joined a sock a month challange on this knitting and craft board - http://craftythreadsnyarns.myfreeforum.org/index.php


Basically you knit 1 pair of socks per month to qualify for the months draw to win a fabulous skien of yarn from fellow member N who hand dyes the most beautiful sock yarn - www.theyarnyard.co.uk

Here are my efforts so far




January's entry


These are made using opal rainforest 4ply in shade Dr fish and are knitted to this pattern - http://www.magknits.com/Sept05/patterns/jaywalker.htm


My first proper attempt at a patterned sock, well any socks really. These particular pair a gift for a friend.




February socks
These are also for a friend who is slightly smaller of foot than me, they are made with casscade snazzy stripes 4ply sock yarn, which is nicer than the opal to work with. These socks are made to the regia sock pattern.

The second sock is on the needles and I have just finished the foot shaping. Was hoping to have them finished by now, but live sort of got in the way. I have till the end of the month.
Think that is it for now, will definatly make more of an effort in future to keep up with this

2 Comments:

At 10 February, 2007 , Blogger gilraen said...

Welcome to blogging Cathie. those look like lovely knits. Your little one is so cute :)

 
At 10 February, 2007 , Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Lovely to see you blogging!! Your knits look lovely. I made a pair of those longies for my nephew last year to wear as long johns in the cold weather, as there was nothing we could buy for his tiny three year old legs (apart from girls tights!!) - maybe a new marketing thought for you????

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home