nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Friday, July 28, 2006

First attempt at crocheting

Been one of those days for the last few days. Have had no time for anything, but still got stuff done, really thought I had achieved nothing, But looking back and totting up what I have made, have almost cleared my custom order list( 3 items in total), with only a pair of shorts to complete and a soaker for my DD, think it's about time she had one as she has long outgrown hers, so that is defiantly next on my list before even picking up my ASC jumper or scarf again.

Have also found time to try something new, when youhave touble sleeping there is always time to fill, Decided it was about time that I learnt how to crochet, my elderly great aunt is always bring me the most beautiful crochet things an would love to make something myself. I have a small bagful of items that she wants me to sell.

Well my efforts are nowhere near a patch on hers, I started off making a scarf, and amasingly I finished up with a scarf even though I started it wrong, worked it wrong and did a repeat of one row and totally missed out another, not forgetting the fact that I miss read the instructions totally, so here are some pictures of the finished product.

A close up of the scarf, bit hard to see as its' so curly, anbd below the whole thing. Appologies for the ends, not got round to sewing them in yet, also not 100% sure on the best way to secure them. Once I have had a it more of a practice I hope to offer these as a stock line when the weather gets cooler.

That it for now,

1 Comments:

At 29 July, 2006 , Blogger Piglottie said...

I'm dabbling in crochet at the moment as well. Bit hit and miss I have to say, but yours is looking great. I'm going to get a copy of the Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller as looking at my friend's copy, its got a great instruction section with really clear photos.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home