nappy-mad-knitter

As my title suggests I am a nappy mad knitter. I have a huge love for cloth nappies, ever since I started using them when my son was 2 months old, I have tried almost every nappy available. The only other things that rank really high on my love list are my family and friends(which are top of the list) and knitting. Which I spend at least 4 hours per day on. Hense being a nappy agent and setting up a knitting business, pure heaven on earth :0).

Saturday, February 09, 2008

February's WIPs

As usual I have far to many WIP's on the needles. I did say that I wouldn't cast o for something else without first finishing current project, that lasted all of a week if that. I have been better at my not buying yarn vow, and only buying it when I firstly have the time to make something, and only if I don't already have something suitable in my stash, oh and that I know what I am going to make. I have also promised myself this year that I won't sit and knit piles and piles of longies and soakers, many of those made last year are still in boxes in my house. many of these items have been reduced. So far this vow is going well and I Have made more items for myself and my family in one month than I did for the whole of last year! Anyway enough rambling and more pictures.

My longest standing WIP going back to november last year are these socks, I keep mislaying the pattern, and when I find it I can't find the sock!



Next is my version of a soaker and skirt, the first picture shows my first trim which I frogged as it took so long, about 3 hours, and added masses to the weight of the item. The second shows its current state, not looked at for a while, will have to go back to it soon,





Another item abandoned when things didn't go well, I have done the sleeves and the neck on this and decided I didn't like the way it was going, well made a huge mess up of the picking up the neck stitches.



Two pin wheel blankets the baby blue one is almost finished and the turquiose mix yarn is a way off yet, waiting for more yarn to complete it.




Also started in november I think, Collette by white lies designs, my first attempt at this didn't go well, I subbed the DK weight yarn for an aran weight and got the guage perfect. It is now going well when I ever pick it up which hasn't been for some weeks. I have done the back, and most of 1 front, once I have finished a few things I will get back onto it.




And finally (for now) my shoal water, cast this on in january and have spent most of my time with it. Whilst I have enjoyied this pattern and it has really pulled for my attention I am finding it very monotumous. I am glad I have picked a DK weight yarn, I don't think I could do another 2-3 repeats of the pattern really. ANyway here is my most resent picture

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12 February, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12 February, 2008 , Blogger Cathie said...

Previous comments have been deleted, this is due to comments containing spam links. If any more appear do not click them, my PC found a trogen on one of them

 
At 13 February, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 16 February, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home